Dio Synodinos is the President at C4Media. Previous roles in C4Media included Head of R&D, Head of QCon IT, Product Manager and InfoQ Queue Lead Editor. His passion is people development and coaching diverse teams that deliver extraordinary results. He has been following innovation in software development, the last 20 years, as a member of specification committees, author of technical books, author of academic publications, speaker at technical events, engineering team manager, and contributor to open source projects.
Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Medium.
Coauthored “Pro HTML5 and CSS3 Design Patterns” by Apress and “The Essential Guide to HTML5 and CSS3 Web Design” by FRIENDS OF ED.
Presentations, Interviews, Media
- Lanyrd speaker profile page,
- “Visualizing Information with HTML5“, QCon New York 2012.
- Host of the “HTML5, the Platform” track in QCon London 2011,
- Interviewing Dion Almaer and Ben Galbraith about “Development Tools for the Open Web“,
- Interviewing Tim Bray about “The Future of the Web“,
- Interviewing Ric Smith on the “Present and the Future of HTML5“,
- Going “Deep inside Node.js” with Ryan Dahl,
- Interviewing Brian Warner on “Browser APIs, Extentions and Add-on Security“,
- Interviewing Subbu Allamaraju on the “REST and the Web as a Platform“,
- Interviewing Mark S. Miller on “ECMAScript 5, Caja and Retrofitting Security“.
- D. Synodinos and P. Avgeriou, “Leveraging Hypermedia Engineering for Multi-channel Access, with the use of XML”, International journal for Computer Systems Science & Engineering, Special Issue on Trends in XML Technology for the Global Information Infrastructure (Volume 14, No 5, September 2003)
- D. Synodinos and P. Avgeriou, ” Hypermedia Design for the Mobile Era”, International Journal of Mobile Communications (IJMC), (Volume 2 – Issue 3 – 2004)
- D. Synodinos and P. Avgeriou, “The Art of Multi-channel Hypermedia Application Development”, in proceedings of MobEA WS (Collocated with WWW2003 conference), Budapest, Hungary, May 20th 2003
- D. Synodinos and P. Avgeriou, “m-WOnDA: The ‘Write Once ‘n’ Deliver Anywhere’ model for mobile users”, Springer-Verlag LNCS Volume 2784 / 2003, October 2003, Pages: 205 – 216
- Originally presented in the ” Workshop on Conceptual Modelling Approaches to Mobile Information Systems Development” (MobIMod’2002), October 2002, Tampere, Finland, Joint to the 21st International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER 2002)
- D. Synodinos and P. Avgeriou, “WOnDA: an Extensible Multi-platform Hypermedia Design Model”, Springer-Verlag LNCS Volume 2426, pp 217-228.
- Originally presented in the “First International Workshop on Efficient Web-based Information Systems” (EWIS 2002), September 2nd, 2002, Montpellier, France, Joint to the 8th International Conference on Object-Oriented Information Systems (OOIS)
- Vitor Santiago Nunes and Dionysios Synodinos, ” Public Relation Policies”, #16-P-TO-PRS-999 , B.E.S.T. (Board of European Students of Technology) President’s Meeting, Torino November 1998
Specifications / Committees
- Past member of W3C HTML5 WG.
- Member of the Expert Group for JSR 339: “JAX-RS 2.0: The Java API for RESTful Web Services“
Reviewer for Technical books
- “Hibernate Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach“, Publisher: Apress; 1 edition (June 29, 2010)
Reviewer for Academic Journals
- Special issue of IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part A: Systems and Humans, “M-services – Web Services for the Wireless World”
- International Journal of Mobile Communications (IJMC), Summer 2003, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd
- Dionysios G. Synodinos, “CMS in a Nutshell“, Unix Review, Oct 2005
- Dionysios G. Synodinos, “Sessioning with XMLHttpRequest“, Dr. Dobb’s Journal, January 2006
- Dionysios G. Synodinos, “Web Maps with the Google Map API“, Dr. Dobb’s Journal, December 2007