Going back and forth between server-side programming, front-end design, and product management for almost two decades, I’ve been involved in diverse software projects and contributed to different technical publications and standards committees.
Dio -> Dionysios -> Dionysus /daɪ.əˈnaɪsəs/ dy-ə-ny-səs (Ancient Greek: Διόνυσος, Dionysos) was the god of the grape harvest, winemaking and wine, of ritual madness and ecstasy in Greek mythology.
Presentations, Interviews, Media
- Lanyrd speaker profile page,
- “Visualizing Information with HTML5“, QCon New York 2012.
- Host of the “HTML5, the Platform” track in QCon London 2011,
- Interviewing Dion Almaer and Ben Galbraith about “Development Tools for the Open Web“,
- Interviewing Tim Bray about “The Future of the Web“,
- Interviewing Ric Smith on the “Present and the Future of HTML5“,
- Going “Deep inside Node.js” with Ryan Dahl,
- Interviewing Brian Warner on “Browser APIs, Extentions and Add-on Security“,
- Interviewing Subbu Allamaraju on the “REST and the Web as a Platform“,
- Interviewing Mark S. Miller on “ECMAScript 5, Caja and Retrofitting Security“.
- D. Synodinos and P. Avgeriou, “Leveraging Hypermedia Engineering for Multi-channel Access, with the use of XML”, International journal for Computer Systems Science & Engineering, Special Issue on Trends in XML Technology for the Global Information Infrastructure (Volume 14, No 5, September 2003)
- D. Synodinos and P. Avgeriou, ” Hypermedia Design for the Mobile Era”, International Journal of Mobile Communications (IJMC), (Volume 2 – Issue 3 – 2004)
- D. Synodinos and P. Avgeriou, “The Art of Multi-channel Hypermedia Application Development”, in proceedings of MobEA WS (Collocated with WWW2003 conference), Budapest, Hungary, May 20th 2003
- D. Synodinos and P. Avgeriou, “m-WOnDA: The ‘Write Once ‘n’ Deliver Anywhere’ model for mobile users”, Springer-Verlag LNCS Volume 2784 / 2003, October 2003, Pages: 205 – 216
- Originally presented in the ” Workshop on Conceptual Modelling Approaches to Mobile Information Systems Development” (MobIMod’2002), October 2002, Tampere, Finland, Joint to the 21st International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER 2002)
- D. Synodinos and P. Avgeriou, “WOnDA: an Extensible Multi-platform Hypermedia Design Model”, Springer-Verlag LNCS Volume 2426, pp 217-228.
- Originally presented in the “First International Workshop on Efficient Web-based Information Systems” (EWIS 2002), September 2nd, 2002, Montpellier, France, Joint to the 8th International Conference on Object-Oriented Information Systems (OOIS)
- Vitor Santiago Nunes and Dionysios Synodinos, ” Public Relation Policies”, #16-P-TO-PRS-999 , B.E.S.T. (Board of European Students of Technology) President’s Meeting, Torino November 1998
Specifications / Committees
- Member of the Expert Group for JSR 339: “JAX-RS 2.0: The Java API for RESTful Web Services“
Reviewer for Technical books
- “Hibernate Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach“, Publisher: Apress; 1 edition (June 29, 2010)
Reviewer for Academic Journals
- Special issue of IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part A: Systems and Humans, “M-services – Web Services for the Wireless World”
- International Journal of Mobile Communications (IJMC), Summer 2003, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd
- Dionysios G. Synodinos, “CMS in a Nutshell“, Unix Review, Oct 2005
- Dionysios G. Synodinos, “Sessioning with XMLHttpRequest“, Dr. Dobb’s Journal, January 2006
- Dionysios G. Synodinos, “Web Maps with the Google Map API“, Dr. Dobb’s Journal, December 2007